The Internet and Fellowship

 

For a long time I thought I was alone.  People who understood the entire Bible was true and applicable today, were so very few and far in-between. This was at the beginning of the Internet, all I was exposed to was email, chat rooms, My Space lol, and some individual websites. I, at least, had contact with a couple of patient teachers. The internet, blessing and curse, made the world smaller and more complicated at the same time. The internet showed that this faith, which considers the Torah to be instructions for discipleship and life, was growing. And with growth came the wolves, false prophets, and every kind of deceiver imaginable.  

I am so thankful for my friends. After a lifetime of acquaintances crossing my path, I can count my true friends on one hand. Sometimes this faith walk of the Natsarim is lonely. I suspect that's the wilderness part. Thank goodness for the internet for education and fellowship. I have good Christian friends right here in my community, but they don't invite me to Bible Study, or anything faith related. I figure they're just avoiding any potential conflict, knowing what they know about my faith walk.  Same reason I don't invite myself.  It used to bother me, but now I understand.  Not everyone questions what I questioned. And those that do will notice my walk and ask me. I can share what I've learned.  But that rarely happens. Perhaps I'm observed unaware. 

Anyhow,  the internet,  it introduced me to my dear friend Chari. We met on the internet like ten years ago, met in person once, and communicate daily via WhatsApp.  We've only always lived half a country apart, I wish she lived next door. Maybe in the Kingdom. Thru the internet my husband and I met a group of like minded believers in Missouri. We got baptized with them and attend Feasts with them. We've developed so many loving relationships via this connection that started with videos on YouTube. We definitely view this group as our forever family. But the internet is also a way the enemy can sneak in. You have to be wise and alert. I know my faith family in Missouri has been targeted by the enemy numerous times.

I have only had one personal negative experience with a Torah keeping person on the internet, however I do have a talent for finding contentious people on social media. Anyhow, this lady found me on a fellowship finder. We agreed to communicate thru text. Within a few minutes of texting, it was clear to me we were not compatible.  I won't go into detail, but I thought it wiser to give wide berth to this woman to learn some more. As a stranger, she wasn't likely to receive wisdom from me anymore than I was accepting of her impulse to hold me to her views.  We may be on the same journey,  but not necessarily the same path, nor same place on that path. If I hadn't been grounded in the word, this woman's words could have shaken me. Yah had just set me straight on the very topic in question very recently before the incident. Like He knew or something, Lol.  She can do a great deal of damage if she comes across the right person.  And she's confident she's sharing truth. Be grounded in the word. Pray, have that relationship.  The sheep know His voice. If it doesn't agree with His words, it's not His voice. 

Still a work in progress 

Teresa 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saved From What?

Absolution Amnesia

Change, Stress, and Faith