Is it a Takeover or a Falling Away?
Is it a take over? Or a falling away?
Hagia Sophia was built between 532 and 537AD as an Eastern Orthodox cathedral in Istanbul, Turkey. It was converted into a mosque following the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople in 1453. The Chora Church was originally built between 330 and 336 AD as a monastery, it first because a mosque during the Ottoman Era. It became a museum in 1945, and now a mosque again, since 2020. Church buildings repurposed as mosques isn't new. And I'm positive that the symbolism isn't an accident, it sends a message of conquest. In modern times, across Europe and now North America, churches are being converted to mosques as well. And the symbolism isn't lost on the current Christian population. While there is no official exact count, the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding tracked 3,100+ churches in the US have been converted to mosques. But why?
Dwindling Christian congregations and local church closures have led to empty buildings being sold. Muslim groups have purchased select disused properties in countries like the Netherlands, the UK, Canada, and the United States to serve growing local populations of Muslims. More Muslim people means more Islamic places of worship. There is a between 77% and 88% rate of new Muslim converts coming from a Christian background according to recent studies. Pew Research Center and Gallup track between 1.5 million and 2.5 million Christians walk away from their Christian identity each year. I suspect that number reflects a lot of college kids. Why are so many people turning away from church and Christianity? Why do so many turn to Islam? I see it as a lack of structure and a need to have structure. People crave guidance, structure, defined terms, clear instruction. And the modern church has very little. Everything is vague, like muddy waters. Conceptual thought and philosophy, compromise and tolerance of unrighteous behaviors in the name of some abstract idea of love... The waters are so muddy few can find their way.
I asked AI, "why do people convert to Islam from Christianity?"... Here is what AI said: #1 rejection of the Trinity ( folks have a problem blending a triune God with monotheism) #2 Islam eliminates an intermediary priesthood, worshippers go directly to Allah, no intercessor, #3 Jesus is seen as a prophet in Islam, not incarnate, not an atonement sacrifice, #4 Islam offers a comprehensive, highly structured daily routine- 5 daily prayers, dietary laws, modest standards, "converts looking for discipline and order in a chaotic world often find deep comfort in these clear boundaries." #5 Rejection of modern liberal trends. Many Western converts to Islam from Christianity express frustration with declining authority within modern Western Church denominations turning to Islam for an unchanging, robust, and resilient tradition. People want to raise their children within these strong boundaries to enforce their guard against the evil- the porn, promiscuity, drug use, sexual confusion, the numerous dangers facing the youth.
The church used to provide the structure these new Islamic converts are looking for. How did we get to this point? Compromise and not holding fast to Truth. The Word has been diluted and candy coated. A sermon is usually a preacher's interpretation of what the word means. Therefore, the message is different from each pulpit. I get so frustrated with a person in the pulpit saying I think, I believe, I feel...I don't want their thoughts, beliefs or feelings, I want to know what Yah said. In Biblical times, the word was read directly from the scroll. Just the word. No sermon, no interpretation, just Yah's Word. We are commanded to shema Yah's word..hear and do.
Although church buildings are empty and being sold off, and we have a dwindling Christian population, mostly elderly people. There is always hope. This past year, we've seen an uptick in young people speaking boldly about their faith in Yahusha/Jesus. I pray this is the beginning of a wave of faith moving thru the people, an outpouring of The Spirit of The Most High. I pray for strong men and women in the faith to rise up speaking truth, never compromising.
I ask again, is it a take over or a falling away? When the church is preaching what itching ears want to hear, rather than the dividing Word which leads to life, it has become feckless. Let's go and make disciples of all seekers of truth. Lead by example, never compromising. Baruch atta Yahuah!
Just a work in progress
Teresa
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2026/10/website-islamic-center-plano-texas-features-image-christian/

Comments
Post a Comment